Saturday 7 July 2012



July already...time is flying.

I ran the collagraph printmaking workshop from my home studio last month. It was a really fantastic day...and am happy to say, everyone who attended left with some great prints.
The above image is a collagraph plate I made up the week before the workshop. I used some beautiful skeletal leaves from my garden.


Busy hands wiping plates...


And some of the final prints!
I love collagraph printmaking, I really do! My next workshop is in August...


Another highlight of the month was running a  portraiture workshop for a local Youth Services organisation. 
I got to work with a great bunch of kids! Talk about enthusiastic! They all bought along a picture of someone significant to them to paint. Some painted relations, some painted self portraits and some painted band idols that I'd never heard of before! But I'm cool with that :)


I had another great time attending the Not The Archie's award night. It's my second year being involved (in a small way) and the second year running that my son's girlfriend Jessie has made it to the top 41.
I couldn't get to last years awards because I was away...so I was happy to get to this night and so proud to see Jess get  recognition. It's such a great community arts project.
Here's a link:  Not The Archies  If your local to the Yarra Ranges...think about getting involved next year!

This is Jessie's award winning portrait of my son Jess (yes gets confusing)...

I also contacted a group of Print makers recently,  who live in my local area. 
We have met twice and I'm happy to say we will keep meeting up. 
It's been really nice connecting with these artists and who knows were this could lead? 
One of the printmakers is Elizabeth Banfield and she has a
beautiful  blog here.... Elizabeth 
Two of the artists are showing at the Red Gallery later on this year.
I'll put up all their details closer to the exhibition dates.


And last but not least...we are having a short break...so looking forward getting away from this cold Winter we are having to some hot steamy weather...some awesome street food...and some reckless fun touring around on the back of a motorbike! 


Bye for now
Jo