Monday 22 March 2010

waxing...




I've been pushing coloured inks into wax.
No real "subject matter" in mind...just a pile of materials like beeswax, vintage papers and oil based inks.
Exploring how these materials respond to one another.
Some blunders, some successes. 
It's been quite a calm process, using a combination of re-cycled and natural materials with oil based inks that I love to use...
These works, started out as collagraph plates...but then my thoughts shifted and I ended up with these mixed media pieces.

Nice using natural wax...I bought a 5kg lump of it from a honey farm last year...and it's time to use it up...so I am.

I've also been experimenting with making collagraph printing plates out of dribbled wax. 



Some interesting results...will keep going with this technique.
Still have 4.8kg of wax to use up :)

Have a great week.
Jo