Monday 11 January 2010

piano


The decision was made...after much collaboration with some artist friends...I set a date to deconstruct my old piano, circa 1880...

No chainsaws & no sledge hammers were involved.


The piano was tinkered with and Janette even played...


Surrounded by my friends (more like family), including fellow bloggers Janette, Ro, Jason and artist from the UK, Rosie.


The piano was slowly and carefully taken apart, and with Miles playing sweetly in the background, there were camera's snapping, the sharing of food and wine, it was really more like a ceremony than anything else.


The artist banter was exciting and flowing! I could hear so many wonderful ideas whizzing around...made me happy :)


A wonderful outcome, was that we ended up with a new musical instrument, the frame of the piano will be left intact, it's like a huge Harp! So beautiful to strummmm....

As for all the bits and pieces, well I will look forward to seeing what the artists will do with theirs.


I'm thinking 3D of course...may look at engraving into some of the keys.
May look at relief printing bits too.


After toying around with ideas of what to do with this old piano, and not wanting to prop it up in the garden to let nature have her way (too depressing looking at old pianos disintegrating in gardens)....

I made the right decision...
I like to think, that we are going to give this old piano some new life in the form of artwork...
Re-cycled artwork.