Saturday 25 April 2009

strange fruit

My Ode To Autumn...and I'm working on books again.


Click for a close up...

This book is a combination of drawing, monoprint, beeswax, vintage paper, collage and collagraph prints.
Starting with an old book cover, that I covered it in monoprinted papers.
I next made a "concertina style" insert and glued the "strange fruit" collagraph prints to it's sections.
Warm reds, yellow/greens, and orange...I was striving for a warm richness...
The whole book was shellacked, it brought all elements together and also gave it it's "lushness".
The Autumn colours are prevalent...have to say it again...I love this time of year.

My friend Anne-Grethe went home today...I'm a bit sad. I am missing her and her very funny sense of humour already.
But I have a neglected studio and a heap of projects that are in need of my attention, so I better get to it!