Thursday 19 April 2012

Trees & Wires,  etching & collage

April already!!!
We have been having some beautiful Autumn weather...it's my favorite time of the year!
Have been busy with studio work, family & friends and planning a "little" Asian getaway for mid year!
Destination Vietnam...and I can't wait to get there, planning on lot's of bike riding, both motor and pedal power...also looking at booking a photography tour while I'm in Hoi An, which is located in the Quang Nam Province on the South Central coast.

I'm a bit of a foodie and there are many food cooking tours available. I've done them in Bali and Thailand so will have to book one in Vietnam too.





A lovely friend of mine is having a solo exhibition...here are the details;


Manningham City Council invites you to the exhibition
Metal Madams and Mad Moments
Trish Sidway
This exhibition brings together a selection of Sidway’s whimsical sculptures created through her curiosity for neglected and abandoned objects.
To be officially opened by ARIA award winner Kavisha Mazzella, with performances by Mazzella on the night.
Thursday 26 April, 6.00 pm – 8.00 pm
RSVP by Friday 20 April to the Gallery 9840 9367



And lastly, I'm sitting here dreading tomorrow. I have a photographer coming over to take my picture for a write up in the newspaper about Not the Archies a cultural development project I'm involved with again this year.
My studio looks like a bomb has hit it and this humid weather is playing havoc with my already crazy hair!!!
I know life could be worse...but!!!


Til next time
Jo